SUSE Security Update: Security update for kernel live patch 5 ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2016:0383-1 Rating: important References: #916225 #940342 #951542 #951625 #953052 #954005 #958601 Cross-References: CVE-2015-2925 CVE-2015-6937 CVE-2015-7872 CVE-2015-7990 CVE-2015-8539 Affected Products: SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 12 ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that solves 5 vulnerabilities and has two fixes is now available.
This kernel live patch for Linux Kernel 3.12.43-52.6.1 fixes security issues and bugs:
Security issues fixed: - CVE-2015-8539: A negatively instantiated user key could have been used by a local user to leverage privileges (bnc#958601).
- CVE-2015-6937: A NULL pointer dereference flaw was found in the Reliable Datagram Sockets (RDS) implementation allowing a local user to cause system DoS. A verification was missing that the underlying transport exists when a connection was created. (bsc#953052)
- CVE-2015-7990: RDS: Verify the underlying transport exists before creating a connection, preventing possible DoS (bsc#953052).
- CVE-2015-7872: Possible crash when trying to garbage collect an uninstantiated keyring (bsc#951542).
- CVE-2015-2925: The prepend_path function in fs/dcache.c in the Linux kernel did not properly handle rename actions inside a bind mount, which allowed local users to bypass an intended container protection mechanism by renaming a directory, related to a "double-chroot attack (bnc#951625).
Non-security bugfix were also done: - xfs: Fix lost direct IO write in the last block (bsc#954005). - simple fix in kallsyms initialization (bsc#940342 bsc#916225)
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update. Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 12:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Live-Patching-12-2016-219=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 12 (x86_64):