Lexmark Druckertreiber ?

cybertron

Lexmark Druckertreiber ?

#1 Post by cybertron »

Hallo Leute!

Ich habe jetzt Wonidoofs entgültig gelöscht.
Und habe ein Problem mit meinem Lexmark 1100
Drucker. Kann mir jemand helfen wie ich den zum drucken unter Linux kriege.

Ich habe gehört das es gdi Drucker (oder so änlich) gibt die ausschließlich unter Windows laufen?

Vielen Dank im vorraus!
Cybertron

TuX

Re: Lexmark Druckertreiber ?

#2 Post by TuX »

Worüber reden wir hier eigentlich: Tintenstrahldrucker von Lexmark; Typ 1100; Windows GDI

Grundsätzliches zu GDI-Drucker:
GDI-Drucker wurden vornehmlich für Windows entworfen. GDI-Drucker funktionieren unter allen nicht-Windows-Betriebssystemen erst einmal überhaupt nicht. Vom jeweiligen Druckerhersteller kann in den meisten Fällen nicht auf Support gehofft werden -- also muss die Linux-Gemeinde ran. (Sorry an alle BeOS-, Apple-, ... User, pech gehabt)

Zurück zum Thema...

Die Unterstützung für den Lexmark 1100 ist noch als experimentell gekennzeichnet.

Schau mal bei <a href="http://209.233.17.85/lexmark/" target="_blank"><!--auto-->http://209.233.17.85/lexmark/</a><!--auto--> vorbei. Dort kann man einen rudimentären Treiber downloaden der anscheinend nur in S/W drucken kann. Aber immerhin druckt das Teil dann unter Linux.

Falls Du es ausprobieren solltest... gib uns hier bitte ein reply in wie fern dies geklappt hat.

<pre>
Linux Lexmark 1100 Printer Driver 1.0
==================================

Tim Engler <tim@burntcouch.com>

March 5, 2000

Description
==================================

This printer driver actually just converts a ppm file(Portable PixMap) to the binary code
used to feed the printer. The driver is meant to run behind ghostscript or some other
convertor to generate the ppm from whatever format the data from the application.

Since Lexmark will not release protocol specification I had to dissassemble the byte codes
sent by their windows driver to create this. This program does not come with any warranty,
use at your own risk!

Changes since 0.91:

300x300 b&w printing. Printing using the black and white cartridge can be done with the
-bw option

brightness control. amount of ink used can be set by specifying -b [0-255]

better centering. If image extends beyond margins, it will be centered on the page.

no more cmy.txt. These values are hardcoded into the program, thanks to Zhuo Meng

Current features:

300x300 color printing

Low memory consumption(uses around 1 megabyte when printing a 8 1/2 x 11 page)

Error diffusion

Nearly correct color. I was able to do this by creating a color map based on output from
the Windows printer driver.

A nifty printer simulator. I created this in perl a long time ago which only handles
small images. This simulator takes in a lexmark data file and converts it back into
several ppm's, one for each swipe of the printer head.

Bugs:

Ghostscript images aren't quite centered. This is because ghostscript creates an image
the size of the page, and the printer cannot print all the way to the left edge.

Too slow. On my Pentium II 300 runs about twice as slow as the printer can feed the paper.

To Do:

Improve speed. Huge white spaces cause a problem where the driver is simply searching for
data to print, while the printer remains idle.

Improve resolution. I will have to get around decoding the 600x600 images.

Improve color. Color is a little granular for some reason.

Convert to a ghost script driver. I might be able to skip white space faster this way,
at least around the edges.
</pre>

Cybertron

Re: Lexmark Druckertreiber ?

#3 Post by Cybertron »

Vielen Dank Tux!

Ich melde mich bei dir so bald ich den Lexmark 1100 Tintenstrahldrucker zum drucken gebracht habe.