This download is a beta driver providing Linux® 32-bit / 64-bit OS support for Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ series audio devices. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.
Take note of the following:
* THIS IS AN UNSUPPORTED BETA DRIVER. There is no technical support for this driver.
* This beta driver has only been tested on the following 32-bit / 64-bit Linux distributions: Ubuntu® 7.10, openSUSE® 10.3 and Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 5.1 (64-bit only).
* We recommend that only experienced users install this driver. Do not install this driver on a system used to perform critical tasks.
* Your feedback is a valuable part of our development process. To submit feedback on this driver, visit the Sound Blaster X-Fi Linux Beta Driver Feedback Program.
http://connect.creativelabs.com/linux/L ... Items.aspx
This download is intended for the following audio devices only:
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty®
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
Current release features:
* ALSA PCM Playback
* ALSA Record
* ALSA Mixer
Added Features or Enhancements:
* Supports GCC version 4
* Supports Linux 64-bit and 32-bit OS
* S/PDIF passthrough is not supported in this driver release.
* External I/O modules are not supported in this driver release.
* Applications from the original Sound Blaster X-Fi Installation CD will not work with this driver.