Cross-References: CVE-2017-13166 CVE-2018-1000004 CVE-2018-1068 CVE-2018-7566 Affected Products: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP2 SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2-LTSS ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that solves four vulnerabilities and has one errata is now available.
This update for the Linux Kernel 4.4.90-92_50 fixes several issues.
The following security issues were fixed:
- CVE-2017-13166: Prevent elevation of privilege vulnerability in the v4l2 video driver (bsc#1085447). - CVE-2018-1068: A flaw in the implementation of 32-bit syscall interface for bridging allowed a privileged user to arbitrarily write to a limited range of kernel memory (bsc#1085114). - CVE-2018-7566: Prevent buffer overflow via an SNDRV_SEQ_IOCTL_SET_CLIENT_POOL ioctl write operation to /dev/snd/seq by a local user (bsc#1083488). - CVE-2018-1000004: Prevent race condition in the sound system that could have lead to a deadlock and denial of service condition (bsc#1076017).
To install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP2:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SAP-12-SP2-2018-675=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2-LTSS:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP2-2018-675=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP2 (x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2-LTSS (x86_64):