SUSE Security Update: Security update for the Linux Kernel ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2018:1221-1 Rating: important References: #1076537 #1082299 #1083125 #1083242 #1084536 #1085331 #1086162 #1087088 #1087209 #1087260 #1088147 #1088260 #1088261 #1089608 #1089752 #1090643 Cross-References: CVE-2017-0861 CVE-2017-11089 CVE-2017-13220 CVE-2017-18203 CVE-2018-10087 CVE-2018-10124 CVE-2018-1087 CVE-2018-7757 CVE-2018-8781 CVE-2018-8822 CVE-2018-8897 Affected Products: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-LTSS SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Public Cloud 12 ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that solves 11 vulnerabilities and has 5 fixes is now available.
The SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 GA LTSS kernel was updated to receive various security and bugfixes.
The following security bugs were fixed:
- CVE-2018-1087: And an unprivileged KVM guest user could use this flaw to potentially escalate their privileges inside a guest. (bsc#1087088) - CVE-2018-8897: An unprivileged system user could use incorrect set up interrupt stacks to crash the Linux kernel resulting in DoS issue. (bsc#1087088) - CVE-2018-8781: The udl_fb_mmap function in drivers/gpu/drm/udl/udl_fb.c had an integer-overflow vulnerability allowing local users with access to the udldrmfb driver to obtain full read and write permissions on kernel physical pages, resulting in a code execution in kernel space (bnc#1090643). - CVE-2018-10124: The kill_something_info function in kernel/signal.c might allow local users to cause a denial of service via an INT_MIN argument (bnc#1089752). - CVE-2018-10087: The kernel_wait4 function in kernel/exit.c might allow local users to cause a denial of service by triggering an attempted use of the -INT_MIN value (bnc#1089608). - CVE-2018-7757: Memory leak in the sas_smp_get_phy_events function in drivers/scsi/libsas/sas_expander.c allowed local users to cause a denial of service (memory consumption) via many read accesses to files in the /sys/class/sas_phy directory, as demonstrated by the /sys/class/sas_phy/phy-1:0:12/invalid_dword_count file (bnc#1084536 1087209). - CVE-2017-13220: An elevation of privilege vulnerability in the Upstream kernel bluez was fixed. (bnc#1076537). - CVE-2017-11089: A buffer overread was observed in nl80211_set_station when user space application sends attribute NL80211_ATTR_LOCAL_MESH_POWER_MODE with data of size less than 4 bytes (bnc#1088261). - CVE-2017-0861: Use-after-free vulnerability in the snd_pcm_info function in the ALSA subsystem allowed attackers to gain privileges via unspecified vectors (bnc#1088260). - CVE-2018-8822: Incorrect buffer length handling in the ncp_read_kernel function in fs/ncpfs/ncplib_kernel.c could be exploited by malicious NCPFS servers to crash the kernel or execute code (bnc#1086162). - CVE-2017-18203: The dm_get_from_kobject function in drivers/md/dm.c allow local users to cause a denial of service (BUG) by leveraging a race condition with __dm_destroy during creation and removal of DM devices (bnc#1083242).
The following non-security bugs were fixed:
- Integrate fixes resulting from bsc#1088147 More info in the respective commit messages. - KABI: x86/kaiser: properly align trampoline stack (bsc#1087260). - kGraft: fix small race in reversion code (bsc#1083125). - kabi/severities: Ignore kgr_shadow_* kABI changes - kvm/x86: fix icebp instruction handling (bsc#1087088). - livepatch: Allow to call a custom callback when freeing shadow variables (bsc#1082299 fate#313296). - livepatch: Initialize shadow variables safely by a custom callback (bsc#1082299 fate#313296). - x86/entry/64: Do not use IST entry for #BP stack (bsc#1087088). - x86/kaiser: properly align trampoline stack (bsc#1087260). - x86/retpoline: do not perform thunk calls in ring3 vsyscall code (bsc#1085331).
To install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-LTSS:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2018-844=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Public Cloud 12:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Public-Cloud-12-2018-844=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-LTSS (ppc64le s390x x86_64):