===================================================================== Red Hat Security Advisory
Synopsis: Moderate: Red Hat JBoss Core Services Apache HTTP Server 2.4.29 security update Advisory ID: RHSA-2018:2187-01 Product: Red Hat JBoss Core Services Advisory URL: https://access.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2018:2187 Issue date: 2018-07-12 CVE Names: CVE-2016-2182 CVE-2016-6302 CVE-2016-6306 CVE-2016-7055 CVE-2017-3731 CVE-2017-3732 CVE-2017-3736 CVE-2017-3737 CVE-2017-3738 =====================================================================
Red Hat JBoss Core Services Pack Apache Server 2.4.29 packages are now available.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this release as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
This release adds the new Apache HTTP Server 2.4.29 packages that are part of the JBoss Core Services offering.
This release serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss Core Services Apache HTTP Server 2.4.23, and includes bug fixes and enhancements. Refer to the Release Notes for information on the most significant bug fixes, enhancements and component upgrades included in this release.
This release upgrades OpenSSL to version 1.0.2.n
* openssl: Out-of-bounds write caused by unchecked errors in BN_bn2dec() (CVE-2016-2182)
* openssl: Carry propagating bug in Montgomery multiplication (CVE-2016-7055)
* openssl: Truncated packet could crash via OOB read (CVE-2017-3731)
* openssl: BN_mod_exp may produce incorrect results on x86_64 (CVE-2017-3732)
* openssl: bn_sqrx8x_internal carry bug on x86_64 (CVE-2017-3736)
* openssl: Read/write after SSL object in error state (CVE-2017-3737)
* openssl: rsaz_1024_mul_avx2 overflow bug on x86_64 (CVE-2017-3738)
Red Hat would like to thank the OpenSSL project for reporting CVE-2016-6306 and CVE-2016-7055. Upstream acknowledges Shi Lei (Gear Team of Qihoo 360 Inc.) as the original reporter of CVE-2016-6306.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update). Before applying the update, back up your existing Red Hat JBoss Web Server installation (including all applications and configuration files).
After installing the updated packages, the httpd daemon will be restarted automatically.