SUSE Security Update: Security update for xen ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2018:1699-2 Rating: important References: #1027519 #1074562 #1086039 #1092631 Cross-References: CVE-2017-5715 CVE-2017-5753 CVE-2017-5754 CVE-2018-3639 Affected Products: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2-BCL ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that fixes four vulnerabilities is now available.
This update for xen fixes several issues.
This feature was added:
- Added support for qemu monitor command
These security issues were fixed:
- CVE-2018-3639: Prevent attackers with local user access from extracting information via a side-channel analysis, aka Speculative Store Bypass (SSB), Variant 4 (bsc#1092631). - CVE-2017-5753,CVE-2017-5715,CVE-2017-5754: Improved Spectre v2 mitigations (bsc#1074562).
This non-security issue was fixed:
- bsc#1086039 - Dom0 does not represent DomU cpu flags
To install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2-BCL:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP2-BCL-2018-1142=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2-BCL (x86_64):