SUSE Security Update: Security update for freerdp ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2019:0539-1 Rating: important References: #1085416 #1087240 #1103557 #1104918 #1112028 #1116708 #1117963 #1117964 #1117965 #1117966 #1117967 #1120507 Cross-References: CVE-2018-0886 CVE-2018-1000852 CVE-2018-8784 CVE-2018-8785 CVE-2018-8786 CVE-2018-8787 CVE-2018-8788 CVE-2018-8789 Affected Products: SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 15 SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Open Buildservice Development Tools 15 ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that solves 8 vulnerabilities and has four fixes is now available.
This update for freerdp to version 2.0.0~rc4 fixes the following issues:
Security issues fixed:
- CVE-2018-0886: Fix a remote code execution vulnerability (CredSSP) (bsc#1085416, bsc#1087240, bsc#1104918) - CVE-2018-8789: Fix several denial of service vulnerabilities in the in the NTLM Authentication module (bsc#1117965) - CVE-2018-8785: Fix a potential remote code execution vulnerability in the zgfx_decompress function (bsc#1117967) - CVE-2018-8786: Fix a potential remote code execution vulnerability in the update_read_bitmap_update function (bsc#1117966) - CVE-2018-8787: Fix a potential remote code execution vulnerability in the gdi_Bitmap_Decompress function (bsc#1117964) - CVE-2018-8788: Fix a potential remote code execution vulnerability in the nsc_rle_decode function (bsc#1117963) - CVE-2018-8784: Fix a potential remote code execution vulnerability in the zgfx_decompress_segment function (bsc#1116708) - CVE-2018-1000852: Fixed a remote memory access in the drdynvc_process_capability_request function (bsc#1120507)
- Upgraded to version 2.0.0-rc4 (FATE#326739) - Security and stability improvements, including bsc#1103557 and bsc#1112028 - gateway: multiple fixes and improvements - client/X11: support for rail (remote app) icons was added - The licensing code was re-worked: Per-device licenses are now saved on the client and used on re-connect: WARNING: this is a change in FreeRDP behavior regarding licensing. If the old behavior is required, or no licenses should be saved use the new command line option +old-license (gh#/FreeRDP/FreeRDP#4979) - Improved order handling - only orders that were enable during capability exchange are accepted. WARNING and NOTE: some servers do improperly send orders that weren't negotiated, for such cases the new command line option /relax-order-checks was added to disable the strict order checking. If connecting to xrdp the options /relax-order-checks *and* +glyph-cache are required. (gh#/FreeRDP/FreeRDP#4926) - Fixed automount issues - Fixed several audio and microphone related issues - Fixed X11 Right-Ctrl ungrab feature - Fixed race condition in rdpsnd channel server. - Disabled SSE2 for ARM and powerpc
To install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 15:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Product-WE-15-2019-539=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Open Buildservice Development Tools 15:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Development-Tools-OBS-15-2019-539=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 15 (x86_64):