Affected Products: SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for HPC 12 ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that solves 9 vulnerabilities, contains four features and has 22 fixes is now available.
This update for pdsh, slurm_20_02 fixes the following issues:
Changes in slurm_20_02:
- Add support for openPMIx also for Leap/SLE 15.0/1 (bsc#1173805). - Do not run %check on SLE-12-SP2: Some incompatibility in tcl makes this fail. - Remove unneeded build dependency to postgresql-devel. - Disable build on s390 (requires 64bit).
- Bring QA to the package build: add %%check stage. - Remove cruft that isn't needed any longer. - Add 'ghosted' run-file. - Add rpmlint filter to handle issues with library packages for Leap and enterprise upgrade versions.
- Updated to 20.02.3 which fixes CVE-2020-12693 (bsc#1172004). - Other changes are: * Factor in ntasks-per-core=1 with cons_tres. * Fix formatting in error message in cons_tres. * Fix calling stat on a NULL variable. * Fix minor memory leak when using reservations with flags=first_cores. * Fix gpu bind issue when CPUs=Cores and ThreadsPerCore > 1 on a node. * Fix --mem-per-gpu for heterogenous --gres requests. * Fix slurmctld load order in load_all_part_state(). * Fix race condition not finding jobacct gather task cgroup entry. * Suppress error message when selecting nodes on disjoint topologies. * Improve performance of _pack_default_job_details() with large number of job * arguments. * Fix archive loading previous to 17.11 jobs per-node req_mem. * Fix regresion validating that --gpus-per-socket requires --sockets-per-node * for steps. Should only validate allocation requests. * error() instead of fatal() when parsing an invalid hostlist. * nss_slurm - fix potential deadlock in slurmstepd on overloaded systems. * cons_tres - fix --gres-flags=enforce-binding and related --cpus-per-gres. * cons_tres - Allocate lowest numbered cores when filtering cores with gres. * Fix getting system counts for named GRES/TRES. * MySQL - Fix for handing typed GRES for association rollups. * Fix step allocations when tasks_per_core > 1. * Fix allocating more GRES than requested when asking for multiple GRES types.
- Treat libnss_slurm like any other package: add version string to upgrade package.
- Updated to 20.02.1 with following changes" * Improve job state reason for jobs hitting partition_job_depth. * Speed up testing of singleton dependencies. * Fix negative loop bound in cons_tres. * srun - capture the MPI plugin return code from mpi_hook_client_fini() and use as final return code for step failure. * Fix segfault in cli_filter/lua. * Fix --gpu-bind=map_gpu reusability if tasks > elements. * Make sure config_flags on a gres are sent to the slurmctld on node registration. * Prolog/Epilog - Fix missing GPU information. * Fix segfault when using config parser for expanded lines. * Fix bit overlap test function. * Don't accrue time if job begin time is in the future. * Remove accrue time when updating a job start/eligible time to the future. * Fix regression in 20.02.0 that broke --depend=expand. * Reset begin time on job release if it's not in the future. * Fix for recovering burst buffers when using high-availability. * Fix invalid read due to freeing an incorrectly allocated env array. * Update slurmctld -i message to warn about losing data. * Fix scontrol cancel_reboot so it clears the DRAIN flag and node reason for a pending ASAP reboot.
Changes in pdsh: - Bring QA to the package build: add %%check stage
- Since the build for the SLE-12 HPC Module got fixed, simplify spec file and remove legacy workarounds. - Remove _multibuild file where not needed.
To install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for HPC 12:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-HPC-12-2020-2607=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for HPC 12 (aarch64 x86_64):