An update that fixes 7 vulnerabilities is now available.
This update for MozillaFirefox fixes the following issues:
- Firefox was updated to 78.3.0 ESR (bsc#1176756, MFSA 2020-43) - CVE-2020-15677: Download origin spoofing via redirect - CVE-2020-15676: Fixed an XSS when pasting attacker-controlled data into a contenteditable element - CVE-2020-15678: When recursing through layers while scrolling, an iterator may have become invalid, resulting in a potential use-after-free scenario - CVE-2020-15673: Fixed memory safety bugs - Enhance fix for wayland-detection (bsc#1174420) - Attempt to fix langpack-parallelization by introducing separate obj-dirs for each lang (bsc#1173986, bsc#1167976)
- Firefox was updated to 78.2.0 ESR (bsc#1175686, MFSA 2020-38) - CVE-2020-15663: Downgrade attack on the Mozilla Maintenance Service could have resulted in escalation of privilege - CVE-2020-15664: Attacker-induced prompt for extension installation - CVE-2020-15670: Fixed memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 80 and Firefox ESR 78.2
- Fixed Firefox tab crash in FIPS mode (bsc#1174284). - Fixed broken translation-loading (bsc#1173991) - allow addon sideloading - mark signatures for langpacks non-mandatory - do not autodisable user profile scopes - Google API key is not usable for geolocation service any more
To install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Desktop Applications 15-SP2:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Desktop-Applications-15-SP2-2020-2749=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Desktop Applications 15-SP2 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64):